Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pregnancy: Week 35 Update

Another week down, and we are all in a holding pattern on the homefront. Doc says if I make it to next week, then I am over the hump - anything after that point is considered a full-term pregnancy.

Nothing really new to report, just more of the same. Poor sleep, contractions, achy feet. I now release the emergency brake in the Expedition before I get in, because once I am sitting in the driver's seat I can't bend over to pull on the release lever.

My mother and sister Adrienne hosted a baby shower in my honor this weekend past at Mother's home. Anna and I attended and had a lovely time. It was wonderful seeing friends and family, and we received lots of nice gifts. Did I mention that the food was yummy, too?

I have become a nesting fool over the past two days. So much energy and don't know where to focus. Mother asked if I was washing windows yet? Forget the windows. I told Mike, when I start pricing rentals on a backhoe, that is the time to pack my hospital bag and get ready.

Other than a few odds and ends, the baby's room is finished. The nursery is decorated in a race car theme, primary colors, with the dominant color a fire-engine red. One of the gifts I received at my baby shower was a tiny red rocking chair that belonged to my father-in-law as a child. It goes so well with the colors in the nursery. A stuffed Dumbo is sitting in the chair, just waiting for someone to come play.

2 comments:

Michael and Jeanette said...

You look GREAT! I've enjoyed reading your weekly updates. I got behind with mine but finally added some more posts. We're doing fine--baby is gettin' bigger and we've started the nursery--can't
believe he'll be here in 3 months!
I'd love to see a pic of your nursery.
Love&Blessings!

Mike Copeland said...

Great to hear from you Michael and Jeanette. I may shoot some video and upload it to the blog tonight of the nursery. Wow! Is it only 3more months? You guys are going to make such great parents. I'll check your blog today for the update. Blessings, Copee