Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pregnancy: Week 34 Update


Well, another week has gone by since our last update and Baby Boy Copeland is still baking in the oven, as you can see. December 15th is our "all's clear" date, so the closer we are to that goal the better off baby and I will be.

I feel good, though tired most of the time. Sleep is next to impossible at night. Poor Mike has to endure my restless tossing and turning. I can't make it through the day without taking a nap, and surely Mike is wishing he had the same opportunity.

In the meantime, Baby Boy is still showing impatience. Contractions are sometimes regular, sometimes not, but getting stronger. The worst so far was Thanksgiving, when I had to spend mealtime in bed with pains every 5 minutes. Two Advil and some R&R cured that. I was soon propped up on the couch, chatting with company and eating pumpkin pie (subsequently eating dessert first before my meal).

The nursery is coming along - still some cleaning, organizing and rearranging to do. I have been busy washing baby clothes and marveling over tiny little socks. I decided to make the diaper bag (which, ahem, hasn't been started yet) and a quilt for the crib (which is stretched out on a quilt frame in the living room). Unfortunately, the living room is also the location for the Copee Family Christmas Tree, which needs to go up sometime soon. This is a recipe for a logistical nightmare. Boy, am I glad I'm not the one in charge of decorating the house this year ;-)

No comments: